Frequently Asked Questions: During Application

At the end of the application, I see a warning and/or an error. What do I do?

Read any errors or warnings carefully.

  • If you have a warning, you can proceed with submitting your application.
  • If you have an error, you must correct it before you can submit your application. Return to the section mentioned in the error message and correct the error.

Can I have more than 3 Confidential Assessment Forms?

Applications: Law (OLSAS), Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

No. The medical schools require applicants to submit a maximum of 3 references.

Can I submit my application if not all references have been received?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

Yes, you can submit your OMSAS application even if your references have not been received.

You can check whether your documents have been received 1-3 business days after you submit your application.

Note: We will not notify you when we receive a reference. You are responsible for ensuring that we have received all supporting documentation by the deadline date.

Can I use the same verifier for different Autobiographical Sketch (ABS) entries?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

Yes, you may use the same verifier for multiple ABS entries.

Can my references be submitted in French?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

If you are applying only to the University of Ottawa and/or NOSM University, your references can be in French. If, however, you have any of the other medical schools on your application, your references must be in English.

Can you tell me if my course(s) will satisfy the prerequisite requirement?

Applications: Rehab Sciences (ORPAS) Categories: During Application

We do not review prerequisites. You will need to contact the rehabilitation schools directly for more information.

Do I need to include my current Ontario high school in the Academic Background section?

No, you are not required to include your current Ontario high school…

How can I find out which documents the OUAC received to support my application?

To see whether we have received a document (e.g., transcripts, online references), log in to your application and select “Document Tracking” in the Application Links menu. There, you will be able to see which documents have been received in support of your application…

How do I enter a prerequisite course that is currently in progress?

If you are currently enrolled in a course that you are using as a prerequisite, input the grade as “IPR” to indicate that the course is in progress.

Note: You must arrange for a transcript to be sent to ORPAS to prove you are enrolled in this course. Read more about ORPAS transcript requirements.

How do I enter course numbers for my chosen prerequisites?

Applications: Rehab Sciences (ORPAS) Categories: During Application

The course number should consist of three or four letters of the course name followed by the numeric code. For example, Chemistry 020 should be entered as CHEM 020…