The Ontario Medical School Application Service (OMSAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 6 Ontario medical schools.
- Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine (McMaster University)
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- University of Toronto
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (Western University)
We were developed by admission personnel at these schools and are operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Our purpose is to:
- facilitate the Ontario medical schools’ application process,
- reduce duplicate applications and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the institutions.
Each medical school is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. We only provide the application processing service and process applications for admission to Ontario medical schools. For more information about academic programs and admission, contact the medical schools directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario medical schools. You must complete an online application to apply to Ontario medical schools. There are no paper applications.
- If you already created an OUAC account, you do not need to create a new one. Do not take over an account created by someone else.
- The application process is lengthy. The amount of time required depends on the number of schools you apply to. Allow 5 to 25 hours to prepare your application.
- We will process and forward applications to all medical schools you request, regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
- We do not accept “collect” courier deliveries (COD) of any documents.
- Each Ontario medical school has its own admission requirements and reserves the right to determine whether degrees granted by postsecondary institutions are suitable for the purpose of admission. Be aware of these variations and be sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application.