The Ontario Medical School Application Service (OMSAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 6 Ontario medical schools:
- Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine (McMaster University)
- NOSM University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- University of Toronto
- Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (Western University)
We were developed by admission personnel at these schools and are operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Our purpose is to:
- facilitate the Ontario medical schools’ application process,
- reduce duplicate applications and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the institutions.
Each medical school is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. We only provide the application processing service and process applications for admission to Ontario medical schools. For more information about academic programs and admission, contact the medical schools directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario medical schools. You must complete an online application to apply to Ontario medical schools. There are no paper applications.