ORPAS – About
The Ontario Rehabilitation Sciences Programs Application Service (ORPAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 5 universities that offer rehabilitation sciences programs.
|McMaster University||School of Rehabilitation Science|
|University of Ottawa||Faculty of Health Sciences
Note: The University of Ottawa’s programs are offered in French only; however, field work placements may be in French, English or bilingual settings.
|Queen’s University||School of Rehabilitation Therapy|
|University of Toronto||Department of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy|
|Department of Physical Therapy|
|Department of Speech-Language Pathology|
|Western University||School of Communication Sciences and Disorders|
|School of Physical Therapy|
|School of Occupational Therapy|
ORPAS was developed by admission personnel at these universities and is operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Its purpose is to:
- facilitate the Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs application process;
- reduce duplicate applications and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the universities.
Each of the ORPAS universities/programs is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. ORPAS provides only the application processing service and processes only applications for admission to Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs. For information about rehabilitation sciences programs outside of Ontario, contact the universities directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs, with 1 exception.
- If you created an OUAC account any time after August 2016, you do not need to create a new one. Do not take over an account created by someone else.
- You must rank your program choices in order of preference. Ranking information is not used during the application review process and is not used as a criterion for admission.
- ORPAS will process and forward applications to all requested universities/programs regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
- Each of the universities/programs has its own admission requirements and reserves the right to determine whether degrees granted by postsecondary institutions are suitable for the purpose of admission. Be aware of these variations and be sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application to ORPAS.
The programs are offered in French only; however, field work placements may be in French, English or bilingual settings.
Read more about specific programs at Laurentian: