The Ontario Rehabilitation Sciences Programs Application Service (ORPAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 6 universities that offer rehabilitation sciences programs:
- School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Note: The University of Ottawa’s programs are offered in French only; however, field work placements may be in French, English or bilingual settings.
We were developed by admission personnel at these universities and are operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Our purpose is to:
- facilitate the Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs application process,
- reduce duplicate applications and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the universities.
Each of the ORPAS universities and programs is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. We only provide the application processing service and process applications for admission to Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs. For information about rehabilitation sciences programs outside of Ontario, contact the universities directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario rehabilitation sciences programs.
The OUAC, universities and programs reserve the right to amend this information at any time.
- If you already created an OUAC account, you do not need to create a new one. Do not take over an account created by someone else.
- The application process is lengthy. The amount of time required depends on the number of universities and programs you apply to. Allow 5 to 25 hours to prepare your application.
- Each of the universities and programs has its own admission requirements and reserves the right to determine whether degrees granted by postsecondary institutions are suitable for the purpose of admission. Be aware of these variations and be sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application.
- We will process and forward applications to all universities and programs you request regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
- You must rank your program choices in order of preference. Ranking information is not used during the application review process and is not used as a criterion for admission.
- We do not accept “collect” courier deliveries (COD) of any documents.