TEAS – About
The Teacher Education Application Service (TEAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the faculties of education at Ontario universities.
- Brock University
- Lakehead University
- Université Laurentienne (programs offered in French only)
- Nipissing University
- Ontario Tech University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Trent University
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
We were developed by admission personnel at these schools and are operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Our purpose is to:
- facilitate the consecutive teacher education programs application process
- reduce duplicate applications
- save time and resources for the applicants and the universities
Each faculty of education is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. We only provide the application processing service and process applications for admission to Ontario teacher education programs. For more information about academic programs and admission, contact the faculties of education directly.
We will process and forward applications and amendments to all requested faculties of education, regardless of your qualifications or the date we receive your application/amendment. This does not imply that the faculties of education will consider these applications.
Use the Proper Application
Use the TEAS application to apply for admission to a program leading to the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certificate of Qualification in a consecutive program at an Ontario faculty of education.
- To apply to a concurrent program, use the 105 application.
- To apply for a graduate degree in teacher education, contact each faculty of education directly.
- If you hold an OCT Certificate of Qualification and wish to take additional courses in education, use the university application available at each faculty of education.
- For information about mature student status, contact each faculty of education directly.