TEAS – About

Am I using the proper application?

Quick Links

TEAS Overview

The Teacher Education Application Service (TEAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the faculties of education at Ontario universities.

TEAS was developed by the admission personnel at these schools and is operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.

Its purpose is to:

  • facilitate applying to consecutive teacher education programs,
  • reduce duplication in application processing and
  • save time and resources for the applicants and the universities.

Each faculty of education is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. TEAS provides only the application processing service and processes applications only for admission to Ontario teacher education programs. For more information about academic programs and admission, contact the faculties of education directly.

TEAS will process and forward applications and amendments to all requested faculties of education, regardless of your qualifications or the date your application/amendment is received. This does not imply that these applications will be considered by the faculties of education.

Top of Page


  • If you created an OUAC account any time after August 2016, you do not need to create a new one. Do not take over an account created by someone else.
  • TEAS will process and forward applications to all requested universities/programs regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
  • The order of your choices does not affect the universities’ admission decisions.
The OUAC and the universities/programs reserve the right to amend the information presented as necessary at any time.

Top of Page

Use the Proper Application

Use the TEAS application to apply for admission to a program leading to the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Certificate of Qualification in a consecutive program at an Ontario faculty of education.

  • To apply to a concurrent program, use the 105 application.
  • To apply for a graduate degree in Teacher Education, contact each faculty of education directly.
  • If you hold an OCT Certificate of Qualification and wish to take additional courses in education, use the university application available at each faculty of education.
  • For information about mature student status, contact each faculty of education directly.

Go to the TEAS application.

Read more about the OUAC.

Top of Page