About our Teacher Education Program
We offer the Bachelor of Education program at our Thunder Bay and Orillia campuses. The Faculty of Education at Lakehead University is well known and respected for leading the way in teacher education; our unique and innovative programming focuses on a collaborative learning approach that builds effective teaching skills.
With an emphasis on practical, experiential learning, you will participate in extensive field placements during the 2-year program and have the opportunity to participate in alternative practicum settings, including overseas.
Our programs are continually adapted to encompass a variety of educational settings and training opportunities in 2 divisions:
- Primary-Junior (JK-Grade 6), offered at both campus locations, Thunder Bay and Orillia, and
- Intermediate-Senior (Grade 7-12), also offered at both campus locations, Thunder Bay and Orillia.
A10 – Primary-Junior (Thunder Bay Campus)
A12 – Primary-Junior (Orillia Campus)
A30 – Intermediate-Senior (Thunder Bay Campus)
A32 – Intermediate-Senior (Orillia Campus)
A80 – Degree in Technological Education (Thunder Bay Campus)
A81 – Degree in Technological Education (Orillia Campus)
A82 – Diploma in Technological Education (Thunder Bay Campus)
A83 – Diploma in Technological Education (Orillia Campus)
- December 1, 2023 – Submit your TEAS application to the OUAC.
- December 8, 2023 – Deadline to submit official transcripts to Enrolment Services – Undergraduate Admissions.
- February 1, 2024 – Release date for offers of admission.
- July 5, 2024 – Deadline to meet conditions of admission for admitted applicants.
Enrolment Services – Undergraduate Admissions
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay ON P7B 5E1