101 Notice and Declaration
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information Provided as Part of Your Ontario University Undergraduate (101) Application
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (“OUAC”, “we”, or “us”) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities. To apply for admission to an undergraduate degree-granting program and/or a non-degree-granting program at a university in Ontario, your application must be processed through the OUAC.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice supplements our Privacy Statement and applies when you prepare, complete and submit an undergraduate (101) application (for applicants currently attending an Ontario high school) at an Ontario university. Please read our Privacy Statement.
By applying through the OUAC, you authorize us to collect your personal information directly from you and from other organizations, as necessary, to complete and process your application. You also agree that we will disclose to the universities you apply to (the “Chosen Universities”) the personal information you provide to us and other personal information we collect in connection with your application. The Chosen Universities collect your personal information through the OUAC in accordance with their enabling legislation for the purposes of recruitment, admission and registration. Universities may use and disclose your personal information for other purposes in accordance with their own admission and personal information policies and practices. The notices of collection of personal information for each Ontario university can be found on their websites. Please review the policies of your Chosen Universities for further information.
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your application, or in reference to your application, as set out in our Privacy Statement, to process your application to your Chosen Universities.
- We collect your academic information, including your Ontario Education Number (OEN), from your high school and/or school board. We collect this information several times during the application cycle to process your application. A restricted number of school and/or school board officials are authorized to update your high school academic and diploma information that we store at the OUAC.
- We collect information about your status as an Indigenous person of Canada, if you choose to provide it. If you provide this voluntary information, we forward it to your Chosen Universities so they can inform you of specific services available to Indigenous students.
- We collect information about your status as a first-generation (either of your parents/guardians never attended a university or college) applicant, if you choose to provide it. If you provide this voluntary information, we forward it to your Chosen Universities so they can inform you of specific services available to first-generation students.
- We collect information about the OUAC voucher program. If you apply and pay for your application(s) through the OUAC voucher program, we will forward your personal information to the university that purchased the voucher so they can inform you of specific services available to you.
- We collect information about your gender from your high school; however, if you choose not to share this information with your Chosen Universities, you may remove it from your application.
- We collect your registration information from the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) if you are accepted and then register at an Ontario university.
Use of Personal Information
- We use your personal information to compile and process your application, as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities use your email address to communicate with you.
- We use information collected from the MCU on university registration to create data and aggregated data and reports as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- If you apply and pay for your application(s) through the OUAC voucher program, we and/or the university that purchased the voucher may combine this information with your personal, academic, application choice, offer, confirmation and registration information, collected as part of your application, to create data and aggregated data and reports to conduct research and analysis.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities use your gender, if provided, and date of birth for identification, document matching and statistics. This information does not affect your Chosen Universities’ admission decisions.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your OUAC access code to your guidance office and/or school board, on a confidential basis, to assist with the application process. The notices of collection of Ontario government institutions can be found on the websites of those institutions.
- We disclose your application information to your guidance office and/or school board to assist in the application process.
- We disclose your personal information, including the personal information in your application, to each of your Chosen Universities. This information includes personal, academic, university/program choice data, offers and responses to offers, as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- If you intend to apply for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), and provide your authorization and consent specifically for this purpose, we disclose your personal information to the MCU so they can determine your eligibility for financial aid.
- We may disclose your academic information to the Ministry of Education in order to verify your academic record.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities may disclose your personal information to the Ministry of Education to validate or assign an OEN. The notices of collection of Ontario government institutions can be found on the websites of those institutions.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities may notify universities and colleges across Canada and/or regulatory authorities and law enforcement, at our absolute discretion, if you withhold information or submit any information with your application that is determined to be false, misleading or written by a third party, or if it contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate or unethical conduct.
You consent to the personal information practices set out in the OUAC Privacy Statement and the Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information Provided as Part of Your Ontario University Undergraduate (101) Application.
You certify the following:
I certify that the personal information and documents submitted, or to be submitted, in this application, are true, complete and correct, including my declarations of citizenship and immigration status in Canada. I certify that all information requested in this application has been disclosed.
I understand that it is my responsibility to keep the OUAC and the universities where I have applied or registered informed of any changes to the information in my application, and I agree to update my application immediately after any such change occurs.
You also agree that you must:
- Provide the personal information requested in this application, along with your application fee. Universities will not consider incomplete applications. Universities may require additional personal information and/or submissions to complete your application.
- Keep your access code, OUAC username, password and application reference number confidential and secure. You must notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of this information.
Note: We and the universities reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your application. If you withhold information or submit any information that is determined to be false, misleading or written by a third party, we and/or the universities may, at our absolute discretion, invalidate the application, resulting in its immediate rejection or in the revocation of an offer of admission or registration at a university.