OMSAS – MCAT Requirements
If you write the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), it is your responsibility to arrange for the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) to release your MCAT scores to OMSAS each year you apply. Full disclosure of all scores is required.
Note: If you released your MCAT scores prior to July 1, 2022, you must re-release them.
Full disclosure of all scores is required for all tests taken in the last 5 years.
For MCAT requirements, refer to the McMaster, Queen’s, Toronto and Western university information pages in the OMSAS Application Guide.
Your AAMC ID Number
In your application, indicate your AAMC ID number (an 8-digit number assigned by the AAMC) and your most recent test date.
If you are writing the MCAT for the first time in July, August or September 2022, you may receive your AAMC ID number after you apply through OMSAS. If this is the case, you will need to provide OMSAS with this number when you receive it by following these steps:
- Log in to your OMSAS application.
- Add your AAMC ID in the MCAT section.
- Complete the “Review and Submit” process.
Releasing Your Scores to OMSAS
- Each year that you apply, but no earlier than July 1, 2022, contact the AAMC and request that they release your MCAT scores to OMSAS. The Ontario medical schools require full disclosure of all MCAT score results.
- All scores must be received by OMSAS prior to October 21, 2022.
- The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify you if they do not receive your MCAT scores by this date.
- If you wrote the July, August or September 2022 MCAT, wait until your scores are made available before requesting their release to OMSAS.
- You must submit your AAMC ID number using the MCAT section of the application.
- You must ensure that your AAMC ID and your date of birth are accurate on your OMSAS application and with AAMC. Pay careful attention to the format of your date of birth. If these 2 pieces of data do not match, OMSAS will not be able to retrieve your scores.
How to Release Your Scores
- To release your MCAT scores to OMSAS, log in to your AAMC account.
- Under the My Reports tab, select “Send Scores Electronically”.
- You can then select the institutions to release the scores to; OMSAS is spelled out as: “Ontario Medical School Application Service”.
- The medical schools are aware that you may not have received the results of the September MCAT prior to the October 3, 2022, application deadline.
- We will not refund fees for choices dropped because your MCAT results did not meet eligibility requirements set by the medical schools.
- Check the Document Tracking page in your application frequently to ensure that your scores are received by the appropriate deadlines.