OMSAS – MCAT Requirements
Last updated: October 8, 2019
Note: This application guide contains information for Fall 2020 Admission.
When you write the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), you must arrange to have your official scores released to OMSAS.
Your AAMC ID Number
In your application, indicate your AAMC ID number (an 8-digit number assigned by the Association of American Medical Colleges) and your most recent test date.
If you are writing the MCAT for the first time in July, August or September 2019, you may not have received your AAMC ID number when you apply through OMSAS. If this is the case, you will need to provide OMSAS with this number when you receive it by logging in to your application, adding your AAMC ID in the MCAT section and completing the “Review and Submit” process.
Releasing Your Scores to OMSAS
- Each year that you apply, but no earlier than July 9, 2019, contact the AAMC and request that they release your MCAT scores to OMSAS. The Ontario medical schools require full disclosure of all MCAT score results.
- If you wrote the July, August or September 2019 MCAT, wait until your scores are made available before requesting their release to OMSAS. All scores must be received by OMSAS prior to November 1, 2019.
- To release your MCAT scores to OMSAS, log in to your AAMC account and, under the “My Reports” tab, click “Send Scores Electronically”. You can then select the institutions to release the scores to; OMSAS is spelled out as: “Ontario Medical Schools Application Service”.
- The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify you if they do not receive your MCAT scores by November 1, 2019.
- You must submit your AAMC ID number using the MCAT section of the application.
Note: The medical schools are aware that you may not have received the results of the September MCAT prior to the October 1, 2019, application deadline. Fees will not be refunded for choices dropped because the MCAT results did not meet eligibility requirements set by the medical schools.