OMSAS – MCAT Requirements
Last updated: July 9, 2020
Note: This application guide contains information for fall 2021 admission.
If you write the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), it is your responsibility to arrange for the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) to release your MCAT scores to OMSAS each year you apply. Full disclosure of all scores is required.
Your AAMC ID Number
In your application, indicate your AAMC ID number (an 8-digit number assigned by the Association of American Medical Colleges) and your most recent test date.
If you are writing the MCAT for the first time in July, August or September 2020, you may receive your AAMC ID number after you apply through OMSAS. If this is the case, you will need to provide OMSAS with this number when you receive it by logging in to your application, adding your AAMC ID in the MCAT section and completing the “Review and Submit” process.
Releasing Your Scores to OMSAS
- Each year that you apply, but no earlier than July 9, 2020, contact the AAMC and request that they release your MCAT scores to OMSAS. The Ontario medical schools require full disclosure of all MCAT score results.
- If you wrote the July, August or September 2020 MCAT, wait until your scores are made available before requesting their release to OMSAS. All scores must be received by OMSAS prior to November 6, 2020.
- The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify you if they do not receive your MCAT scores by November 6, 2020.
- You must submit your AAMC ID number using the MCAT section of the application.
- You must ensure that your AAMC ID and your date of birth are accurate on your OMSAS application, and with AAMC. Pay careful attention to the format of your date of birth. If these 2 pieces of data do not match, OMSAS will not be able to retrieve your scores.
- To release your MCAT scores to OMSAS, log in to your AAMC account.
- Under the My Reports tab, click “Send Scores Electronically”.
- You can then select the institutions to release the scores to; OMSAS is spelled out as: “Ontario Medical School Application Service”.
- The medical schools are aware that you may not have received the results of the September MCAT prior to the October 1, 2020, application deadline.
- We will not refund fees for choices dropped because the MCAT results did not meet eligibility requirements set by the medical schools.
- Check the Document Tracking page in your application frequently to ensure that your scores were received by the appropriate deadlines.