To ensure that complete information is provided in the ABS, we recommend the following actions:
- Consider and record (separate from your application) all activities since age 16 to prepare for the completion of this section.
- Complete the application by arranging these activities into their appropriate categories.
- Provide information in point form.
- Do not forward supplementary pages, letters of recommendation, curriculum vitae, etc.
OMSAS collects this information on behalf of the medical schools. We will arrange the ABS in the order they require.
If you are applying to:
- the University of Ottawa, you will be prompted to identify the top 3 activities in each category (maximum of 18 in total) that you feel have best prepared you to apply to medicine.
- Queen’s-Lakeridge Health MD Family Medicine Program, you will be prompted to identify the top 3 activities in the Employment, Volunteer Activities and Extracurricular Activities categories (maximum of 9 in total).
You will need to provide specific details for all categories.
You must decide which information to include in your ABS, your individual school submissions and your verifiers list. We are unable to advise you on the ABS, as the universities want to see how applicants choose to present their information. Use your own discretion.
You cannot make changes and/or corrections to your ABS or school submissions after you submit your application.
Contact the medical schools for further information about the contents of the ABS.