OMSAS – How to Apply
Note: This application guide contains information for fall 2021 admission.
Step 1: Research your university options and the application process:
- Check out university publications, university websites, etc.
- Review the:
- OMSAS Application Guide
- OMSAS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Essential Skills and Abilities Required for Entry to a Medical Degree Program
Anyone considering entering a degree program in medicine should be aware of the guidelines developed jointly by the schools of medicine in Ontario. You should address any questions about the policy to the university’s disability services or admission office.
Step 2: Send requests for references to your referees by September 15, 2020.
Step 3: Prepare and submit your application by October 1, 2020.
- Submit only 1 set of application materials and academic documents, regardless of the number of schools you apply to.
- Each Ontario medical school has its own admission requirements. Be aware of the variations in the admission requirements and make sure you qualify for consideration before forwarding your application to OMSAS.
- We will process and forward applications to all requested medical schools regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application.
- Contact the medical school directly for additional information about their academic program and admission requirements.