OMSAS – How to Apply
Step 1: Research your university options and the application process:
- Check out university publications, university websites, etc.
- Review the:
- OMSAS Application Guide
- OMSAS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Essential Skills and Abilities Required for Entry to a Medical Degree Program
If you are considering a degree program in medicine, you should be aware of the guidelines developed by the Ontario medical schools. You should address any questions about the policy to the university’s disability services or admission office.
Step 2: Send requests for references to your referees by September 15, 2022.
Step 3: Prepare and submit your application by October 3, 2022.
- Submit only 1 set of application materials and academic documents, regardless of the number of schools you apply to.
- The application process is lengthy. The amount of time required depends on the number of medical schools you apply to. Allow 5 to 25 hours to prepare your application.
- Each Ontario medical school has its own admission requirements. Be aware of variations in admission requirements and make sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application to OMSAS.
- We will process and forward applications to all requested medical schools regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application.
- Contact the medical school directly for additional information about their academic program and admission requirements.