Frequently Asked Questions: Application Process

I am taking a summer school course. How will the universities get my marks?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

Grades from summer school courses are submitted to the OUAC by the summer school or the school board. Verify with your summer school that either they or the school board will be sending the marks directly to the OUAC on your behalf. If this is not the case, you must arrange for an official final…

I am taking courses at 2 different schools. How will my grades be sent to the universities?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

If you are taking courses at more than 1 school, the school that created your OUAC Account will be designated as your “home” school. Your “home” school and any other school(s) you are attending can submit academic data to the OUAC on your behalf. Include all schools where you are taking, or have taken, courses…

I transferred to a different school after first semester (or halfway through the school year). Who informs the OUAC and the universities about this change?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

If you apply for admission while at one school and then transfer to a different school, your new school must advise the OUAC of this change. Your new school will provide the OUAC with their name and school number (MIDENT), your new Secondary School Student Number (SSSN), if applicable, and your Ontario Education Number (OEN).…

I want to apply to an admission point other than fall but only fall admission is listed. What should I do?

The universities have supplied the OUAC with the admission points available for each program. You will need to contact them directly to verify whether they offer admission points other than those listed. If they offer other admission points, they will either indicate to you that they will change your file once they have received your…

I will finish my OSSD (including six 4U/M courses) at the end of January. Can I begin university studies then?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

Yes, a few Ontario universities offer programs that begin in January or May. You must apply for admission to these programs by the stipulated deadline dates. Those universities whose winter term programs begin in January will normally require that you complete your OSSD, including six 4U/M courses. You will have to make special arrangements with…

I’m taking a summer school course and my friend is upgrading (or repeating) a course. Will this affect our admission?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

If you are taking a summer school course, the delay in the university receiving your summer school results may affect your admission. This is often the case when the program you applied to has limited enrollment. If the summer school course you are completing is your sixth 4U/M course, the universities may not offer you…

I’m getting a warning about my address when I try to submit my application. Why is this happening?

You must provide a home address and a mailing address, even if these 2 addresses are the same. A mailing address is the address where you receive postal mail. It is not your email address.

My current school is wrong in the application. How can I update this information?

If a school you previously attended created your 101 account, you must wait until after you submit your application for your school information to be updated. You cannot update this information yourself. Your new school must advise the OUAC of this change. Once you have submitted your application, your guidance counsellor can call us to…

The university is asking me for my 11-digit OUAC Reference Number. Where do I find this?

Normally, the OUAC Reference Number contains 10 digits, beginning with the current year (4 digits) followed by 6 digits (e.g., 20XX999999). If a university asks for your 11-digit OUAC Reference Number, add a 0 (zero) at the end of your 10-digit number (e.g., 20XX9999990).