Home / FAQs / OMSAS

Can I submit my application if not all references have been received?

Yes, you can submit your OMSAS application even if your references have not been received.

You can check whether your documents have been received 1-3 business days after you submit your application.

Note: We will not notify you when we receive a reference. You are responsible for ensuring that we have received all supporting documentation by the deadline date.

How do I respond to an offer of admission?

Log in to your application and select “Choices/Offers” in the “Applicant Links” menu. If you have received an offer of admission, it will be displayed on this screen. To respond to an offer, click on the offer, which will lead you to the “Response to Offer” screen…

I am applying to the University of Toronto as an MD/PhD applicant. What additional materials do I need to submit and how do I submit them?

You are required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) via Secure Applicant Messaging (SAM), as outlined on the University of Toronto’s information page in the OMSAS Application Guide.

If you apply to the MD/PhD program, you must also submit 3 additional letters of reference, along with the accompanying MD/PhD Reference Form.

MD/PhD reference letters are confidential and must be either mailed directly to OMSAS or submitted via the online reference system, through your OMSAS application. They will not be accepted via SAM.

I made a mistake in my school submission. How do I change it?

The medical schools do not accept changes to the sketch, school submissions or verifiers. If mistakes are made, they can be brought to the attention of the medical schools during their interview process. If a medical school attempts to contact a verifier without success, they will contact the applicant directly for updated information…

My institution uses Digitary (which includes CORE, MyCreds | MesCertifs, My eQuals) to send transcripts electronically. Are these considered official?

Yes. We work with Digitary (which includes CORE, MyCreds | MesCertifs and My eQuals) to accept and process official electronic transcripts.

If your university or college is in Ontario, you must request your transcript through your application, unless otherwise noted in the Exceptions for Online Transcript Requests, in which case you will need to use the Digitary system…

Scroll to Top